Friday, May 9, 2014

Have you ever had to remove a favorite (toddler) toy?




Consider t


Last summer I got my 2 year old daughter a train set/table which has been a favorite toy ever since.

However, we are in a small apartment and now that we have twins on the way, we need to make room for some of the baby gear - and eliminating the big train table seems like the most logical way to make more space.

I offered the table to my friend (our daughter's are best friends)... but I am dreading having to take it out of here.

I'm looking for a small 'replacement' train set, but....

Any other thoughts on how to make it not-too-traumatic?
Also, any recommendations for a quality (but not too expensive) small train set?
RainWriter - You make a good point. (Cr@p!) I was thinking if I gave it to her friend at least she could still play with it a couple times a week.... but I don't know if she will see it that way. :(

I will definitely wait a good while before putting baby stuff out so that it won't seem like - 'out with your stuff & in with baby stuff.'

There really is no way for us to store this, but I fully intend to get another one for her when we get into a bigger place - probably next year.



Answer
Do you know how your daughter will react when she sees one of her favorite toys become her friend's? I don't know your daughter, but I know that my son would be really upset that he can't have his favorite toy any more but Hannah gets it instead; he'd be a bit jealous and it just wouldn't go over well.

I'd suggest looking at options for storing it until later (and pull it back out after some of the baby gear isn't needed any more), or creative ways to keep it out. If you live close to any favorite relatives, maybe they would have room to set it up at their house for a while. Maybe you can put her dresser away and put the train table there instead, then put her clothes into shallow bins that fit under the table. You could take the legs off (if the table works that way) and store it under her bed when it's not in use; you can slide it out to play and then slide it back under when she's done (like a trundle bed). If it's a favorite toy, it may be worth finding a way to keep.

Favorite baby and toddler toys?




Thrifty917


What are your favorites and/or your little ones favorites?
What ones do you hate?

You can be as vague (ex. dolls, or cars) or as specific (ex. Fisher-Price blah blah blah here's a link to the product: www.whatever....) as you'd like.



Answer
I think we have every little people accessory ever made. I absolutely love them! Its the first thing I saw Caleb really starting to use his imagination with... making noises and role playing with the people in different cars/houses. So cute.

Least favorite... would have to be puzzles, of any kind. I think they're great for kids, but in our case they just end up covering the whole kitchen floor 10x a day and I end up having to put them back together constantly. I especially hate the one that has animal sounds, because if a piece is ever missing I keep hearing moo's & meow's randomly throughout the night. I can't wait til the batteries die out on that thing...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment