Wednesday, April 30, 2014

how does someone go about getting their kids name on a toys for tots list?







in costa mesa california


Answer
My mum used to be on the Toys for Tots list when I was little. I'm in Maryland though but I'm sure the same applies for all of them. Though they might have changed their policies. To get on it for us, my mum called a local branch of the Toys for Tots and explained to them about how she was a single mother working three jobs and we had to scrimp and save for food and clothes. At one point we were even living in the back of her car! The people listened to my mum and after talking it over with some others, they determined that we were impoverished enough to get aid and they donated some toys.

So my suggestion would be to go to a Toys for Tots drive, ask for a number of a supervisor or someone in charge and call them up/talk to them! I'm sure they'll help out!

Leads in kids toys?




blueberry


Most of my babys toys are from china! Her theme is Hello Kitty. So i've been collecting a bunch of hello kitty things such as stuff animals, hello kitty figures, lamps, tin boxes, those hello kitty mcdonalds toys. Its all made from china! should i be worried?!? Shes just one & puts everything in her mouth. Do i need to throw them out? One of fisher price toys on the recall list she got on christmas so would it still contain lead?


Answer
I would go find the fisher price web site and go through their recall list. I found a toy on there my kids have and reported it, they are suppose to be sending me a package to return the toy and then giving me a coupon for the toys worth to buy a different toy, not on the list. So go check it out, but try to keep her away from any toys you are concerned about until you can find out if they need to be returned. I also saw on the news there is a "Lead Test Kit" you can buy at most hardwear stores so you can test your childs toys with out having to try searching through all the recall lists. Good Luck, and be safe




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment