Sunday, November 24, 2013

How do I entertain a 15 month old all day?

best kids electronic toys
 on Top Electronic Toys for Kids - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
best kids electronic toys image



Jo


I am a stay at home mom and need ideas on how to entertain my son all day now that his is so much more active and curious. He has all kinds of toys ranging from very simple blocks to complicated electronic toys. I play with him off and on during that day and give him alone play time while I'm cleaning. I want to start doing more educational activities with him but I don't know what to do. Is it to early to start doing educational activities other than reading to him? Also what are some fun activities we can do?


Answer
My daughters 18 months and the best thing I ever started doing was flipping her toys around.
I spent a couple days sorting every single toy she had, I made sure the pieces for certain toys were bagged and together with that toy.
Then I split things into "groups". For example she has a full kitchen set with cups, a play kitchen, a shopping cart etc...I packed all those things together.
She has some animals, a barn and a few trucks and cars I grouped
And she also has some dolls, play stroller, blankets, fake diapers, clothing etc..

I swap these groups of toys out once a week :), its amazing how she actually plays with those toys now that theere isnt hundreds to just pick up, throw and walk away from.
Then I spend some one on one time with her and teach her the animals, or have tea partys, we play grocery store etc..

Also dont take for granted the trips to the grocery store, tons of opportunity to learn about shapes, colors, how to say hello to little friends who walk by.

I also really recommend taking your son to some programs offered in your community. Look for open gyms for toddlers, library reading time, pre-school/toddler mommy and me meet ups, tots swimming lessons.
Social interaction is super important and social skills cant be taughter, rather they are "learnt" and the only way to learn the skill is to be exposed. Also kids tend to want to mimic other children, so finding a group with kids a little bit older then your son will model some new skills he might not have yet, or is working on right now.

Get out once a day, even if its just to check the mail, or walk down the street. Getting some fresh air (even if its raining) is so important to their health and burning off some pent up energy is a savour to you as well :).

My daugher LOVES to help me around the house, she's bring me a piece of two of laundry to put in the washer, she helps me sweep, she even puts the cutlery away out of the dishwasher, cleaning u her toys (I try to include her in these things and she loves the immediate praise).

Singing songs is SUCH a great way to learn. Take the classics (like twinkle twinkle little star) but sing your own words as your changing your son or giving him a bath (sing what your doing, the body parts etc..).

You really dont need to buy education toys- theres so much around you to get him involved. Google some home made playdoh recipes, get some paint and do art (finger paintings alot of fun and the textures are great), if you have corn starch add a bit of water to it and let him play (another great texture activity).

Be as verbal as you can in your everyday, the more you do it the more itll just come naturally...the more enthusiam you have to the tone of your voice, the more interest your son will be, its really the simpliest things like WOW we have 3 blocks here , look 1, 2, 3!!!!

What electronics do i have to put out in airport security?




Sophie Pup


will i have to put my hexbug (little kids toy that vibrates...) out on the trays? i want to keep it in my bag, i dont want it to be obvious what i use it for...... not as a kids toy........ itll be embarrassing


Answer
I think its just the larger electronics like laptop, or if somebody happens to bring a game counsel on (like Ps3 or Xbox) I think that hexbug thing doesn't have to be put out, since its small and like a portable electronic.

Just leave it in there and see what happens.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment