Monday, November 25, 2013

Oil painting from 1970: what should be done to preserve it?

best paint for kids toys
 on Best Art Toys for Kids Promotion-Shop for Promotional Best Art Toys ...
best paint for kids toys image



Rosey G


The painting is in oil colors and on a normal support frame. So far it has been standing on top of a closet behind some kids toys and boxes. I really don't think that it should be left there because it seems to me that some toys or boxes have sharp edges that could rip through it. Can you give me some advise. Also bear in mind that I can't spend big sums of money on it but nevertheless I want to save and protect it.

Thank you in advance for your ideas.



Answer
The best thing to do is to dust it off and hang it up. Hanging on a wall, it is more protected then leaving it behind some toys.It does not cost anything to hang it up on your wall.

Has your kids toys ever went off by themselves?

Q. I'm a little parnoid because the house we lived in before was haunted for those who believe me. Now were living in a apartment & this 1 particular toy(riding toy) keeps going off during the night by itself. How could this happen? AND has your kids toys ever done the same thing?


Answer
Oh yes this has happened a lot. Very creepy.

But there are a few reasons for this.

My son got a remote control air plane when he was little. It was preschool type toy and he would hold the controls like a steering wheel and drive the plane around the house.

We noticed sometimes while watching tv the airplane would make noises when no one was near it. It would beep, wheels would turn & so on. Other times the tv would flicker too or get static on it.

Turned out that the remote for the airplane and our tv remote were on the same what is it called frequency. My husband discovered this himself. He's an electronic engineer.

Another time in our old house during the middle of the night we'd hear a preschool Mr. Potato head game going off by itself. We'd hear out of the blue "Opps, I lost all my parts can you help me?" lol Drove us crazy! The toy didn't have an off button & would time out making itself go to sleep. It would go on & off by itself often. At first thought it was our dog or even our daughter sneaking out at night bumping it. But we'd put it on top of the tv stand out of reach and it would still do it!

My daughter loaned the toy to our neighbor one weekend. Late one night around 11pm our neighbor knocked on the door in his robe. He looked tired and had the game saying it would shut up. lol

Turns out it was the batteries were low. We found replacing them more often when the screen dimmed it stopped doing it.

We've had other toys too that do this. Toys that light up and play music are creepy. We had a stuffed bear that would start to play Twinkle Twinkle little star on it's own.

I do believe in haunted houses. I grew up in Columbus, MS. I saw it profile on tv a few years ago as one of the most "Haunted towns in MS." Dateline or Primetime profiled it. I grew up being one of the kids in the victorian houses for tour groups. We'd make butter, decorate a christmas tree, sew and stuff like that while tour groups walked by.

All the homes in the area were haunted. My best friend & I often changed clothes in a room where a baby had died. You would see the form of the baby on the feather bed. The maid would fix the bed before tours and sometimes while standing there changing we'd see the form appear by itself. It was a high bed so we thought maybe something was pulling on it from under it but that never happened.

I grew up in an area where part of civil war took place. Ditches were dug all through out neighborhood. They were ditches the soldiers would hid behind while they fought against the north. Plus many indians died in the area too. We had a famous trial near us & as you walked through the woods trees marked in red paint were where indians had been buried. Very creep.

My 14yr old says we have ghosts in the house. We have an old piano from the mid 1800s. My daughter says she often sees a little girl around 10 sitting near it at night. The idea scares me to death. lol

I've often smelled and felt my grandfather's presence. I smell Old Spice & Peppermints.

Now I don't believe ghost can move things or touch things. Ghosts are mentioned in the bible after Jesus dies and he is seen in ghost form. http://www.jesusreligion.com/ghosts_bible.html Ghosts are more the spirit that moves our human body. We pass easily from Heaven to Earth.

My brother in law is a Baptist pastor and we've often spoke on this subject.

Demons are the ones who attack, move things and throw things. Demons, I believe are after the spirits who belong to God. Demons can trap the spirits. Demons also want to attack us and use us to attack others.

you can't believe in the good with out believing in the bad

Edit - "I do believe in ghosts but they don't play with little kid toys, that's just silly. " - very true. It is more the engery not ghosts can't touch things but their energy can.

I watched a tv show that showed a demonologist talking to a ghost child who was trapped by a demon. They tested the power of the little girl to make sure she wasn't a demon. she was asked to turn and move the flashlight which she didn't. Then she was asked dim it which she did.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment